More About West Hawaii Central Office Activities:
• Answers inquiries from those seeking help: suffering alcoholics, sober alcoholics, meeting questions, groups and the general public.
• Maintains a 24-hour “AA Hot Line” for anyone seeking help or information about a drinking problem.
• Maintains a 12th Step list for men and women and sends AA members on 12th Step calls.
• Where people can phone for meetings and event information.
• Purchases, stores, and sells “At Cost” GSO approved books, literature, and chips for individuals and groups.
• Maintains an informative website with an online meeting/events Schedule.
• Creates and prints meeting schedules to give to individuals or sell to groups in bulk.
• Central Office will hosts events to further the AA Message.
• Publishes the monthly newsletter the “Coconut Wireless.”
• Serve as information exchange with other Hawaii Central offices and groups.
• Cooperates closely with vital A.A. entities: GSO New York, Grapevine, Inc., and the General Service Board, New York, all A.A. Delegates, Representatives, Central Offices, and Committees.
What is the Central Office?
West Hawaii Central Office is a body of home group representatives, Elected Servants, and Special Workers that furthers the A. A. program in accordance with the 12 Traditions and 12 Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous, and that maintains an Central Office in the location serving the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii from Hawi to Kau.
West Hawaii Central Office functions in coordination with Alcoholics Anonymous General Services Office® and the GSO Guidelines for Intergroups & Central Offices®. West Hawaii Central Office operates under By-Laws that are approved by the West Hawaii representative groups. The West Hawaii Central Office is not a part of the Meeting/Group/District/Area structure but operates in support of said structure. West Hawaii Central Office is a non-profit corporation registered with the State of Hawaii. It is also has tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.
West Hawaii Intergroup Steering Committee:
The Intergroup Steering Committee consists of the Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Activities Chair, Webmaster, AA Hotline Coordinator, and Office Volunteer Coordinator.
The Steering Committee meets every first Wednesday of the month at the Intergroup Office from 5:30 to 6:45 PM. The Steering Committee handles the day to day operation of the Intergroup Office and develops the Business Meeting agenda from the input from Groups, Group Representatives, and District 8 Members.
West Hawaii Intergroup Business Meeting:
The West Hawaii Intergroup Business Meeting consists of the Steering Committee, District Representative, Group Representatives, and Group Members who choose to attend the Business Meeting.
Voting members of the Intergroup Business Meeting are the steering committee, district representative(s), & group representatives.
The Intergroup Business Meeting meets every third Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:45 PM. The Intergroup Business Meeting discusses the issues that face the Intergroup & Intergroup Office, make decisions on what direction Intergroup takes, and activities that Intergroup will participate in. The Business Meeting also elects the officers that serve on the Steering Committee.