THE CENTRAL OFFICE:
• Answers inquiries from those seeking help: suffering alcoholics, sober alcoholics, meeting questions, groups and the general public.
• Maintains a 24 hour “Help Line” (TeleService).
• Maintains a 12th Step list for men and women and sends AA members on 12th Step calls.
• Where people can phone for meetings and event information.
• Purchases, stores, and sells “At Cost” GSO approved books, literature, and chips for individuals and groups.
• Maintains an informative website with an online meeting/events Schedule.
• Creates and prints meeting schedules to give to individuals or sell to groups in bulk.
• Central Office will hosts events to further the AA Message.
• Publishes the monthly newsletter the “Coconut Wireless.”
• Serve as information exchange with other Hawaii Central offices and groups.
• Cooperates closely with vital A.A. entities: GSO New York, Grapevine, Inc., and the General Service Board, New York, all A.A. Delegates, Representatives, Central Offices, and Committees.
What is the Central Office?
A.A. CentraL Office is a body of home group representatives, Elected Servants, and Special Workers that furthers the A. A. program in accordance with the 12 Traditions and 12 Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous, and that maintains an Central Office in the location serving the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii from Hawi to Kau.
West Hawaii AA Central Office functions in coordination with Alcoholics Anonymous General Services Office® and the GSO Guidelines for Intergroups & Central Offices®. West Hawaii Central Office operates under By-Laws that are approved by the West Hawaii representative groups. The West Hawaii Central Office is not a part of the Meeting/Group/District/Area structure but operates in support of said structure.